Features & Benefits
- Flexibility to transact in any of the 6 major foreign currencies: AUD, CNY, EUR, GBP, SAR and USD
- Enjoy the convenience of tracking your transactions and account balance through BIBD online
- Choose to withdraw your money in local or foreign currency units at any of our branches except the Mall, Rimba and Panaga
- Enjoy the foreign currencies and remittances facilities
The Depositor ("Muwakkil") enters into a Wakalah Agreement with the Bank ("Wakil") and deposits a certain amount of money to the Bank to be utilized and invested in profitable Shariah-compliant transactions. The Depositor will be offered the expected profit rate from the Investments and the Bank will earn a Wakalah fee for the service rendered. Any amount that the Bank earns in excess of the Depositor's expected profit (after deducting the Wakalah fee) will be retained by the Bank as incentive. Learn more »
- Brunei Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Foreign citizen with valid working permit
- Individuals aged 18 and above
- Original identity card or passport
Fees and Requirements
Minimum opening deposit of:
- 2000 foreign currency units for AUD, EUR, GBP & USD
- 5000 foreign currency units for CNY
- 3000 foreign currency units for SAR
1% of the value of cash note, with minimum fee of FCY 10.00
- For transactions up to BND 100,000.00, the admin fee is 0.1% commission in lieu of exchange, minimum of BND 12.00
- For transactions exceeding BND 100,000.00, the admin fee is 0.03125% commission in lieu of exchange, minimum of BND 80.00
Remittance charges apply for Demand Draft and Telegraphic Transfer.
"Depositors of Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam are guaranteed protection up to maximum BND 50,000.00 per depositor under the Deposit Protection Order 2010."
Please read this Product Disclosure Sheet before you decide to take the Foreign Currency Current Account. Be sure also to read the General Terms and Conditions.