Features & Benefits
- With a minimum balance of only BND 1,000.00, you can enjoy higher returns than a regular savings account while planning for your finances
- Enjoy peace of mind, knowing you are investing in a Shariah compliant (interest free) fixed term Investments
- Choose the tenor of your Investments period: 1, 3, 6, 9, 12 , 24 & 36 months
- The profits are paid on maturity and may be reinvested with the deposit amount
- Deposits may be made in cash, cheque or by direct account transfer
The Depositor ("Muwakkil") enters into a Wakalah Agreement with the Bank ("Wakil") and deposits a certain amount of money to the Bank to be utilized and invested in profitable Shariah-compliant transactions. The Depositor will be offered the expected profit rate from the Investments and the Bank will earn a Wakalah fee for the service rendered. Any amount that the Bank earns in excess of the Depositor's expected profit (after deducting the Wakalah fee) will be retained by the Bank as incentive. Learn more »
- Individuals aged 18 years and above
- Residing in Brunei Darussalam
- Foreign nationals with valid working permit
- Original identity card or passport
Fees and Requirements
Minimum Opening Deposit
- For term periods of 3 months or longer, minimum opening deposit is BND 1,000.00.
- For term period of 1 month, minimum opening deposit is BND 5,000.00.
- There will be no profit for termination less than 1 month
- Profit, at the Bank’s discretion, may be paid proportionately to the completed months at the prevailing rate at the time of termination
"Depositors of Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam are guaranteed protection up to maximum BND 50,000.00 per depositor under the Deposit Protection Order 2010."
Please read this Product Disclosure Sheet before you decide to take the BND Term Deposit. Be sure also to read the General Terms and Conditions.