An account with a regular savings plan which makes it much easier for you to achieve your goals.
Features & Benefits
- Reach your goals through disciplined saving; simply set aside a fixed sum of money to be transferred from your main account to the purpose saver account on a periodic basis
- Low initial deposit and minimum balance of BND 50.00
- Earn dividends and maximise the value of your money
- Open your account online
- Access your account anytime, anywhere through BIBD NEXGEN Online & Mobile
- Pay your Zakat conveniently using our Zakat counter services
- Shariah Concept
The Depositor ("Muwakkil") enters into a Wakalah Agreement with the Bank ("Wakil") and deposits a certain amount of money to the Bank to be utilized and invested in profitable Shariah-compliant transactions. The Depositor will be offered the expected profit rate from the Investments and the Bank will earn a Wakalah fee for the service rendered. Any amount that the Bank earns in excess of the Depositor's expected profit (after deducting the Wakalah fee) will be retained by the Bank as incentive
- Existing BIBD account holder
- Brunei Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Foreign Citizens with valid work / student permit
- Individuals aged 18 and above
- Required Documents
- Original identity card or passport
- Proof of employment* (latest salary slip, letter of employment or valid Staff ID)
- *required for first time account opening and any changes to the employment (for existing customers)
- Minimum opening deposit and monthly balance of BND 50.00 is required
- Refer to the Bank’s Schedule of Tariffs
- Profit Distribution
- The profit distribution is paid subject to no withdrawal within the month
For more details, please refer to the Bank's Schedule of Tariffs or the list of applicable rates for this product.
Please read this Product Disclosure Sheet before you decide to take the Purpose Saver. Be sure also to read the General Wakalah Terms and Conditions of Deposit Products.
Click to view General Wakalah Terms & Conditions of Deposit Products in English and Malay.
Guaranteed protection up to maximum BND 50,000.00 per depositor under the Deposit Protection Order 2010.