Staying Alert Online
Published: 11 June 2020
At BIBD, the security of your account and personal details is our utmost priority. To help us maintain the highest level of protection, we would request you to be aware of the tips below for a safer and better online experience for yourself.
Stay alert online! Card and account fraud or what is globally known as phishing scams are becoming more frequent globally and require extra precaution. We recommend the following measures to prevent such fraudulent activities:
- Never respond to emails that request personal financial information.
- Never communicate your ATM/Debit/Credit card details or online login password to anyone.
- Ensure that all your personal information are updated with BIBD by visiting any of our branches or calling our Contact Centre.
- Keep a regular check on your accounts by making full use of convenient services such as BIBD Mobile and BIBD Online to keep yourself updated.
- Ensure all funds going out or into your account are from verified sources.
- Check the website you are visiting is secure and well-protected such as having SSL verification.
- Have the latest internet or web browser security tool installed to filter and identify any threats to your device.
- Be cautious with emails and personal data, especially with links to direct you to a different website.
- Visit websites by typing the URL into the address bar instead of clicking any links directly.
- Keep your computer, smartphone, passwords and tokens secure.
- If you are unsure about the validity of the messages or actions you are requested to do, call us any time at 2238181 for clarification.